Sun sea sand

Sun sea sand

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Channelling My Inner Cat

Meow. Or rather, wrooaaaarrrrr, with the accompanying swipe of the paws, as the little devil took time out to wiggle her butt (and tail) at the office dinner. The jungle-themed do was held at The Courtyard, a detached house turned business along Jalan Dungun (Damansara Heights), quite a nice place, though the food wasn't spectacular. What was spectacular was the effort some of the staff made to come in costume.
Look at the picture, don't I look like a real panther? Ok, maybe not that picture. This one, then, with the boss's driver who rented a gorilla costume (and won 1st prize).
First I thought I couldn't be bothered, then I thought I couldn't afford to buy anything to make a costume, and in the end, the night before the dinner, in the downtime at work while waiting for pages to be cleared, I printed a cat mask and stuck it on stiff paper. Purloined black ribbons threaded to make a tail, and Voila! with a black top, black tights and black boots: Panther Girl. Won third prize, too. Purr.

No comments: